Sunday, January 24, 2010

And the wind roars

I should've know while enjoying the abnormally warm temperatures this week, that there would be a price to pay.

Yesterday we had a lovely snow fall. Actual snowflakes - not just dried out snow granules.

Last night the wind kicked up from the North, and started blowing that snow all around. It's windy enough that here in town, there's no hiding from it. When taking Squire out to pee, there was no way to keep the wind from blowing cold snow in my face. We can hear it roaring out there over the tv!

I snapped a quick picture when the sun came out. It actually looks picturesque... oh, did I mention the -40 windchill?

1 comment:

  1. I know this is kinda late...but what are 'dried out snow granules'? Wow, and to have to deal with 'ice crystals'...that's something!

    I hope you guys have good parkas though!

    ReplyDelete