Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Tis the season for...


Purple butterfly cookies?

Ok, admittedly, not really a seasonal cookie. Nor was it meant to be.
One of my good friends from work is expecting a baby - she's due on December 12th. When you are pregnant in the north, about a month prior to your due date, you are sent south (generally to Winnipeg) to await the birth of your newborn, and then you fly back home shortly after giving birth. I think it must be hard on the entire family to have the mommy gone for a month. During the time my friend is awaiting the birth of her little one, her older daughter is having her seventh birthday.
When I was asked to make her cake, I was pretty excited. Then a little worried when I found out she wanted a 'Hannah Montana' cake. (I *think* Hannah Montana is a TV show.....)


All in all, I think it turned out pretty good. And I had a good time doing it.
Happy Birthday to the soon-to-be big sister! And we wish only the best for the safe delivery of the new baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment