Saturday, October 31, 2009

In Nunavut, the Pumpkins Grow Square

Er, well, at our house at least....

There weren't many pumpkins available at the Northern, and none left by the time I'd decided to splurge on one. But I love carving my Jack O'lanterns, and I wasn't going to be denied by a little thing like not having a pumpkin!

So meet my newest creations:


We'll call them Box O'lanterns..... OR Jack O'Boxes!!

I got several compliments from the kids on my 'boxes'. he he. And it kept me amused for an entire afternoon.

It was fairly cold up here on this Hallowe'en night, but the kids were out in droves. We were out of treats fairly early! The most popular costume was simly face paint ~ can't blame the kids, not all kids costumes fit overtop of your parka and snow pants. And a mask is difficult to wear with a scarf and touque! We did have a couple of Batmans, a butterfly, and a scary serial killer. Kids rode around town on snowmobiles, ATVs and in trucks.

I was dressed as a scary arctic witch. ("Arctic witch" because what other kinda witch wears mits and a parka to hand out candies??!)


So Happy Hallowe'en from the great white north! We hope yours was as much fun as ours!

1 comment:

  1. Awwh, lovin' the Jack-o-Boxes :)

    P.s. you look very pretty in that picture.
    I love the costume.

    -Lish

    ReplyDelete